Since I was working last night, we just watched the episode right now. Here are some things we saw and learned:
– Locke is looking for recruits. For what? Is there something he’ll need Sawyer to do that he can’t? More ‘rules’ to follow?
– Sawyer is pretty intuitive, even when drunk. He knew it wasn’t Locke. Interesting again that FLocke (Fake Locke) doesn’t completely know Locke.
– The mystery boy says that you can’t kill him, its against the rules. Who is ‘him’?
– Ben is still a liar. “Locke killed Jacob”. Shows that they believe that you can’t really change a person. Though he did readily admit to killing Locke. Does this mean Sayid won’t change his ways as well?
– Richard says Locke’s plan is to kill everyone. Richard is definitely spooked.
– Crazy Theory- When FLocke first saw Richard, he said “Nice to see you out of your chains.” What does that mean? Figuratively or literally? Was he in bondage to Jacob or do you think that he was on teh slave ship that came to the island?
– Jack, Sayid, Hugo, Locke, SunorJin, and Sawyer were candidates. Do we believe FLocke’s version? What about Kate? I didn’t see her name.
– FLocke’s perspective is that everything in their life was determined. Jacob made it so they didn’t actually have a choice in their actions, but made it for them. So how is what he’s doing any different?
– The stones were the classic good/evil. Remember Locke much earlier had white and black stones on his eyes. I think that’s season one. He was definitely calling himself the evil side.
– Crazy Theory- Sawyer is going to con Locke. Its who he is, and he wants to learn more, so he’ll con him.
– Locke wasn’t apparently ready to marry his girly. Funny how he never had any twinge of regret of not getting back to her.
– Ben teaches European History. I was expecting to see Arnstd.
– Hugo is a benevolent boss.
– Rose is choosing to live her life with terminal cancer and not let it dictate her decisions.
– Combine the last three points- They are all connected.